The capital of Argentina is full of amazing places, parks and delicious restaurants. It’s a modern city inhabited by an international crowd. You will find many expats and entrepreneurs from all over the world. There’s a good chance of people speaking English, otherwise it’s a good place to pick up some basic Spanish for the other Latin American countries. If body language is more your thing, try dancing the locally invented tango at one of the milongas.
Buenos Aires is one of the safest cities in South America. The internet is fast and reliable. The coffee is world-class. What are you waiting for?
The Buenos Aires edition gives you all the information you need to get yourself started in this beautiful city. We kick off with the difficult stuff you need to know upon arrival:
- How to get quick cash without paying outrageous ATM fees
- What living expenses to expect and how to keep them low
- Where to find WiFi and how to politely ask for the password like a local
- What to expect from the local coffee standards
- How to hustle your accommodation
- Where to get your socks washed (without losing one of them)
- Which SIM-card to get and how to get mobile internet up and running
- How to meet other like-minded people (or how to avoid them)
- What to eat locally and what to drink with it on the side
- How to get from A to B without pissing off immigration officers
- What else there is to do besides eat, sleep, (co)work, repeat
The second part of the book is dedicated to specific places for work in the neighborhoods you’re most likely to stay at. We have tested each working space personally and gave honest judgment about them. You’ll find the tested WiFi speed (in Mbit) next to every café, along with our PowerScore and ZenScore. These describe the relative availability of wall sockets and how quiet it is without people tripping over your cables. We have visited dozens of cafés and only put in the 21 most welcoming ones for people who need to get shit done. Tips on where to have a business lunch or date are also sorted by neighborhood.
Handiest of all? You get exclusive access to our online bonus material, in which you can find a map with all the businesses mentioned to use on the go. If you have the book already, you have the password to access the online area. Come check out our amazing bonus features!
Access Bonus Material